There are numerous exits
With large advisory speed limit signs at the start.
The exits thin out as I go further,
The road gets smoother,
Smooth as silk.
The speed limit signs dissapear,
Fuck....I'm doing 120.
The ain't no cops here,
It says so right there,
On the fluttering flag over McDonalds.
I floor the throttle,
The engine moans in despair.
My Honda Civic,
An unwilling partner,
...who cares?
The cold wind whistling by,
It feels like heaven.
The asphalt is a grey blur,
Wait ...I see colors,
Hear distant voices.
Where am I, I wonder.
This can't be real.
It's scary, being alone,
Yet it feels good,
Good to ride the wind.
"Last Exit : 100m ",
Says a sign by the Road.
Alas! I'm going to fast,
Can't make it this time,
Will there be another ?
"Highway ends : 100 miles",
"No more exits".
"Thank You, "
"Hope you enjoyed,
Riding on the road to perdition".
That was the last sign I saw,
I slowed down.
Slowed down to a crawl,
Tried to turn around,
Honked my impotent horn.
I've driven 50 miles since then,
Now I am resigned to my fate.
I'm driving at 20,
But its just slower this way,
Like pulling your guts out,
One by One...One by One.
Now I hit the throttle again,
Doing 120.
The stench of failure overpowering, suffocating,
The death of a dream
When I crash..please God let it be quick.
It was fun while it lasted,
Riding the Road to Perdition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment